Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Quick Word on Customer Service

Okay, I'm not one of those people who thrives on demanding excellent customer service at all times. You've met these people, right? The people who give customer service representatives all of about 30 seconds to appease them before asking for their manager. I am not that guy.

I am more inclined to notice excellent service than I am to demean someone for poor service. I'm blogging on this topic today because I had an interesting experience last night. My wife and I and another couple met for dinner at a nice Japanese steak house. Our waitress did a great job, but something she did started to become obnoxious - dare I say it basically turned into a joke for us. She would ask to refill our waters after approximately 3-4 sips... ALL NIGHT LONG!!!

Now, until last night, I would've said that I prefer that over having an empty glass all night. However, I'm just not sure now! Do you have an opinion or a story about customer service?

A good friend of mine (and my boss) has a blog that covers this specific topic. You should check it out if you are in a customer service field or if you're just interested. Visit jackgalloway.wordpress.com.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds REALLY annoying. Do you eat habachi? Know of any really good places? I've only eaten at omikashi and shogun and I wasn't too impressed. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tagged you in my most recent post. No pressure though if you don't want to do it! (or if you've aleady done something like this).

    ReplyDelete